 |
|  |
 |
|
MarkG
|
|
Grand Lord of Apolyton, Owner of all this land as far as the eye can see
|
|
quote: Shot man not connected to bombing
A man shot dead by police hunting the bombers behind Thursday's London attacks was unconnected to the incidents, police have confirmed.
A Scotland Yard statement said the shooting was a "tragedy" which was regretted by the Metropolitan Police.
The man was shot dead after police followed him from a south London flat to Stockwell Tube station on Friday.
Two other men have been arrested and are being questioned after bombers targeted three Tube trains and a bus.
The statement read: "We believe we now know the identity of the man shot at Stockwell Underground station by police on Friday 22nd July 2005, although he is still subject to formal identification.
"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005.
"For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets."
The statement confirmed the man was followed by police from a block of flats that was under surveillance.
His death is being investigated by officers from the MPS Directorate of Professional Standards, and will be referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.
Arrests
Two men are still being held at Paddington Green police station, central London, in connection with Thursday's attacks.
The first man was arrested at around 1630 BST on Friday during a raid on a block of flats near to Oval and Stockwell Tube stations.
Eyewitnesses said he was led away with a woman and child.
The second man was arrested late on Friday night, also in the Stockwell area.
Both are being held under anti-terrorism legislation which gives police 14 days before they have to bring charges.
CCTV images
Scotland Yard said they had been contacted by over 500 members of the public following the release of CCTV footage of four suspects.
Detectives said they were hopeful of useful lines of inquiry coming from the calls and e-mails.
Three devices found after the failed bombings were the same size and weight as those used in the suicide attacks of 7 July, which killed scores.
The fourth was smaller, apparently contained in a plastic box. The same chemicals appear to have been used.
They targeted Oval, Warren Street and Shepherd's Bush stations and a bus in Hackney.
The Hammersmith and City line train was removed from Shepherd's Bush station on Saturday afternoon.
Transport for London said it hoped to have trains running on the line from Paddington to Hammersmith on Saturday evening. |
SATISFIED?!?!?!?!?
|
|
|  |
 |
|
JimmyCracksCorn
|
|
Macedonia - Sovereign country north of Greece.
Dec 2002 time: 05:37
|
|
And why couldn't they shoot him in the leg or shoulder? Most cops are trained to shoot to maim, not kill.
|
|
|  |
 |
|
JimmyCracksCorn
|
|
Macedonia - Sovereign country north of Greece.
Dec 2002 time: 05:37
|
|
quote: Originally posted by Verto
If they thought the guy had explosives on him, pushing him to the ground (and then shooting him in the head, so as to not trigger the explosives) is a sound precaution. |
If they were truly worried about not setting off explosives, they probably wouldn't be shooting at him.
|
|
|  |
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:37. Apolyton Time is 00:37. |
top of page
|
|
|
Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
|
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON
|
|
|
|
|
|